Hunters Education

WSA  has a number of our members that are WDFW certified  Hunter Education Instructors.

The instructors and mentors want to make sure your experiences in the field will be safe and enjoyable.  The  instructors will offer a basic class to educate the new enthusiast of proper gun handling skills, ethics and sportsmanship,  and what it might take to survive in the outdoors.

Who needs to take Hunter Education?

Anyone born January 1, 1972  or later,   must complete and pass the WDFW Hunter Education class in order to obtain their first hunting license. 

Lost your Hunter Ed card?    How can you obtain a duplicate?

If you have lost your Hunter Education card,  you can call WDFW in Olympia  at  360-902-8111,  and be prepaired to give the year of the course,  the city and county,  and the instructor you received your training from.

There is an $8.00 fee charged to reissue your duplicate card. 

Out-Of-State Hunters

Increasingly, adult hunters leaving Washington to hunt elsewhere are discovering they cannot purchase a hunting license unless they, too, have proof of hunter education course completion. If you need a duplicate hunter education certificate, don't wait until the last minute! Act now to obtain your duplicate hunter education card. 

There are a number of Hunter Education classes offered here in Chelan and Douglas counties for you to choose from.